Monday, May 13, 2013

The Weekend


I had a fun Mother's Day weekend hanging out with my mom. We went to tiny Woodbury, Georgia to go antiquing. There are two good antiques malls in the blink-and-you'll-miss-it "downtown". Seriously, the town looks like the quintessential small Southern town populated with quirky but sweet characters from a movie or television show.

The photos above are of a pretty little sunflower they were selling outside one of the antiques malls and the other is a church with an interestingly shaped grate over the vent.

As a result of our treasure hunt, I have exciting news...I bought a house!


A little joke, sorry; I couldn't resist! I absolutely love this adorable ceramic house-shaped planter. It reminds me of a house from a fairy tale or nursery rhyme. It was sitting on a high shelf and I almost missed it, but when I found it I knew it was coming home with me. I thought it would be appropriate to photograph it with my favorite home decor books. (Talk about your small, cool space!)




Look at the giant keyhole! And that crazy chimney! This cottage would totally make it to Apartment Therapy's house tour!



I also found a vintage souvenir glass featuring Florida (my second favorite state behind Georgia of course). I love these glasses and I plan to start collecting them for every state that I've traveled to. And then I found the plant stand. I love the really simple lines of it.

So, all in all a pretty great weekend: quality time with one of my favorite people AND fun new additions to my home! How did you enjoy the weekend?

2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you think! Or if you have questions, ask away...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...